Can you answer the following questions about functions?
1. How can you determine if a graph is function?
2. How can you determine if given several points they are a function without using a graph?
3. What is the range of a function?
4. What is the domain of a function?
5. How can you determine a linear vs a nonlinear function?
6. Identify a, b, c in the following quadratic function.
y = -3x2
+ 4x - 9
7. What shape does a quadratic function create?
1. The vertical line test
2. Check to see if the x repeats, if it does it is not
3. The range is the y value in the coordinates or the output.
4. The domain is the x value of the coordinate or the input.
5. A linear function has the exponent of 1, while a nonlinear function has an exponent greater than one.
6. a = -3, b = 4, c = -9
7. A quadratic function creates a u shaped curve called a parabola