Scanning Documents or Photos
(Download/Print directions here - Using Page Manager to Scan Docs/Photos)
***There are many different programs to be used when scanning photos and documents. The following directions are for scanning using the Presto PageManager program found on most school scanner/computers.***
- Insert photo or document into scanner (look for arrow on upper right of scan bed – place document in this corner.)
- Close scanner lid.
- Open ‘Presto PageManager’ (usually found on the desktop but sometimes it is only located in Start-Programs.)
- Click on the icon resembling a scanner (not the one with the lightning bolt.)
- In the new window, select the type of document/picture to be scanned. See image below.
- Click preview. After the preview of the scanned document appears, you may need to manipulate the dotted box surrounding the scan. Drag and drop the line around the area you wish to be scanned.
- Click the ‘Scan’ button.
- Once the document has been scanned, close this window.
- Scroll towards the bottom of Presto PageManager. The scanned document will appear at the end of all the previously scanned documents and pictures.
- Double-click your scanned document to open it completely.
- The final step is to SAVE your scanned document/picture.
- To save a document, go to File – Save as PDF. Navigate to save to your L drive and name the document.
To save a picture, go to File – Save as. In the new window, below the area to name your scanned picture, is a drop-down menu. Select JPEG. DO NOT save it as a Presto document. Name the picture and make sure to navigate to the folder you wish to save the image.