The Classroom Performance Systems (CPS) can be used in any classroom setting that includes a computer. CPS allows teachers to collect real time assessment data in a fun and engaging method using CPS 'clickers' as handheld devices for students.
How can CPS used in my class?
- NYS assessment practice (already prepared and ready to use)
- Class discussion starters (polling)
- Review topics or units studied by creating your own questions
- Integrate 'BrainPop' quizzes with CPS
- Use the game module (similar to Jeopardy) and have students compete and gain points for answering questions
Why use CPS?
You'll get immediate feedback after every question answered, allowing for those 'teachable moments' to review concepts. You'll know how well the students did on a particular question right after the question is over. You'll also be able to print or save reports such as grades for each student, item analyses, and individualized study guides for students who made need extra help.
Where do I locate one of these CPS units?
See your school library media specialist to borrow a CPS unit.