| Credit/Attendance Policy
· Attendance will be taken at the start of the class.
· Participants are required to sign in during the first 15 minutes of the class.
· Lateness/Leaving Early: No credit will be given to participants who miss more than 10% of class time for a class of 4 – 45 hours. Participants may not miss more than 20 minutes for a class of 2 – 4 hours.
· Participants are expected to stay until the end of the class.
· No Show Policy: Registrants who cannot attend a course are expected to cancel at least 48 hours prior to the start of class. “No Shows” will be notified of their “No Show” status and reminded of their responsibility to attend classes for which they have registered. This may result in being limited to registering for contractual hours only.
· Multi-session classes (five days or more): Participants must attend all sessions of multi-session courses in order to receive credit. Partial attendance will result in forfeiture of hours for the class.
· In the event of an actual emergency or illness, participants will be required to produce a make-up assignment which will be submitted in lieu of their signature on attendance sheet. The nature of this assignment is at the discretion of the instructor. A maximum of one absence is allowed.
Teacher Center Director
Document modified from the Oceanside Professional Development Center Policy.
Assistant Supt. for Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment